Friday, May 7, 2010

Interview with film maker PancakeMastr


Amanda Stevens: So, PancakeMastr, what was the first film you ever produced?
PancakeMastr: The first film I ever produced was called The Error, way back when Youtube didnt exist. I filmed it with my asian friend, the main premise being that I was bashing the PS2's disc read errors and we were trying to fix the problem in nonsensical ways.

A.S: Hahaha. Damn those PS2 disk read errors. So you were film making back before the Youtube era started. How did your films get a round?
PM: I was really just getting a feel for the whole filming thing since I've never done it before. So the only people who got to see the video were a couple of my friends. It kinda just sat there on my computer until I discovered youtube.

A.S: What was your reaction when you heard about Youtube?
PM: I was pretty excited, I didnt jump onto the bandwagon right away. So I kinda started surfing, watching all the videos that other people released. As soon as I got addicted I told my asian friend that I posted our old video on youtube. I loved the website.

A.S: What was the first movie you uploaded on Youtube?
PM: I take it by movie you also mean video? The first one was The Error

A.S: LOL. Ok, let me try that again. What was your first made for Youtube film?
PM: ah ok :P. The first video I made for Youtube was called Paddle Ball. I kinda had one lying around that my mother had just given me and I really sucked at repeatedly bouncing the ball. I then saw a video of some ghetto kid using the paddle ball really well on Youtube. So I made a video to sort of "battle" him and of course made it humerous by completly sucking at using the toy

A.S: So PancakeMastr, I just got to know. Where does the name come from?
PM: My obsession with food items is apperntly really old. Ever since elementary school I would randomly say the word pancake for wahtever reason. Later, I can't really remember if it was Junior High or High School. I had to change my screenanme for AIM. I was thinkign of something really cool and funny sounding. So I mixed and matched words with "pancake" until MASTER sounded the best

A.S: That sounds just like you. Which of your films are you the most impressed with?
PM: Theres definitly a couple of videos that I made, which I was impressed with. But the one video which I tend to hold higher then the other ones would have to be Musical Randomness 2. I poured a lot of work into and expected it to be epic. There were also a lot shit that happened while filming it, which became memorable.

A.S: Speaking of the Musical Randomness series, when are we getting a part 3?
PM: Who knows! I have some ideas going on but it takes a lot of effort to create. Effort which has gone lacking since my fame peaked on youtube.

A.S: Fame? Well, I'll let you think that PancakeMastr. If you weren't a film maker what would you be?
PM: I always wanted to be a video game programmer but college has beat that idea out of my head. So I'm not exactly sure anymore.

A.S: Is there any Youtube celebs that you'd love to collaborate with and are there any you just want to Shoryuken?
PM: Well I would definitly like to either collaborate with either the Nintendo Nerd, which doesnt host his videos on Youtube anymore, or Smosh. Theres plenty of people I want to punch in the face on that website, but unfortunatly I can't remember most of their usernames :P


For more of PancakeMastr, visit him here at his Youtube channel

No comments: