Friday, May 7, 2010

Interview with concert warrior Katie Murtha


Amanda Stevens: So how old were you when you went to your first concert and who did you see?
Katie Murtha: 16th birthday present, I went to see Matchbook Romance. My mom had to drive me and my friends.

A.S: Concert crowds can be really rough. Have you ever got into a mosh fight? Please tell me you won?
K.M: no I don't fight, anyways I can't throw a punch so I would get beat up

A.S: No moshing ever?
K.M: I've been in a circle pit at a ska show and someone fell on me at a hardcore concert but I don't mosh.

A.S: Ska? Circle pit? What are these strange things? 
K.M: Ska is a type of music... it was the band Reel Big Fish playing at my school. A circle pit is where some big guys make a hole in the crowd and then everyone dances around in a circle

A.S: Sounds like a lot of fun. So, would you say you're pretty good at skanking? Or are you just one of the idiots who just skips around the circle?
K.M: I would say I am pretty good I was taught how to by a friend freshman year who loves ska so has been to way more shows than me

A.S: What would you say was the best show you have ever gone to?
K.M: Brand New, two years ago.

A.S: Was that because the show was good or because you're a Brand New fan?
K.M: Brand New is my favorite band, and it was a good show

A.S: What would you say is the worst show you have ever been to?
K.M: I've never been to a bad show

A.S: So there hasn't been a concert where you even a little disappointed?
K.M: Nope.

A.S: I heard you went to Bamboozle East this year. Can you tell me about that experience? 
K.M: Well I am pretty sure the majority of the people there were in the 14-16 range so it was kind of awkward. Of course there were 21+ people and parents (you could tell because they were drinking $8 beers) but not many at certain bands like the Maine.I went really because I wanted to see Something Corporate since I do not think they are doing a full tour and that was mostly an older crowd since they have been around for 10 year but has been spilt up for the past 5. As far as the experience it was not my favorite thing because it was hot the young kids were lame and stupid and it was crazy expensive for everything.But for my $75 ticket I saw The Maine, Something Corporate, Angels and Airwaves, Paramore and Reliant K

A.S: Have you ever been backstage for a show?
K.M: Nope, but I was on stage with Girl Talk.

A.S: This is pretty cheesy but if you could see any band live who would you want to see and why?
K.M: Brighten, because I love their music and they aren't really big so I feel like they are never going to come to this side of the US, they are from California. Hopefully it would be a small crowd and I could stare at their gorgeousness.

A.S: Last question, got any crazy embarrassing concert stories? And don't lie, we all have them.
K.M: What is that embarrassing that could happen at a concert?

A.S: Alright, any crazy concert stories?
K.M: I once hooked up with a guy because I saw him again at a concert.

No comments: