Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am not dead, just better


So I apologize for the month and a half absence folks. Trust me,it was as much of a downer to me as it probably was to those of you who actually take the time to read my blog. But it was unavoidable. Mainly when you consider the fact that I worked in around 60 hours a week this summer. Yeah, sounds oh so fun doesn't it. Well, that is all in the past now. I figured now was as good as any time to tell you about a few upcoming changes to the content appearing on Back on the Street.


For one, you will get to see what my writing for class is like. As I have mentioned a few times, I am a Journalism major at University at Albany. This year is a major heavy semester as I am taking only Journalism classes; a grand total of 5 class for a total of 15 credits. Out of those 5 classes, 3 of them expect me to have a blog. Now as much as I like having a blog, I am no way creating 3 blogs to maintain along with Back on the Street. Nothing will ever get accomplished that way. So, I will be posting all my class assignments here. Luckily, most of them are open ended, so I will try to keep the content similar to what you have come to expect here. They will be collected on the Class page and will be tagged as such with their specific course number as well. I hope you all don't mind too much.

Also, I will be scrolling back on the audio content. I think I have almost used up that medium a little too quickly. I want to eventually switch to podcasting, but I don't have the means to do that at the moment. The point is, you will continue to see audio interviews, just not full audio posts.

Other than that things are great. I hope to get back to a somewhat daily posting schedule and if not I will increase my tweeting to supplement.

No comments: